The Housing and Development Sub-committee focuses on housing and development projects within the RPSC area. The committee’s activities include:
- Promoting development in line with the RPSC Community Visions.
- Promoting the provision of affordable housing options in the RPSC area
- Monitoring and responding to large scale projects such as the Little Mountain Housing redevelopment
- Encouraging diversity in housing to promote better use of space
- Working with Planning Dept. staff in the development of Neighbourhood Centres
- Encouraging local residents to take part in city-led consultations on redevelopment projects.
This region of Vancouver is home to some of the largest housing development projects in the city including:
- Little Mountain Social Housing site,
- RCMP Headquarters,
- Oakridge Shopping Centre Redevelopment,
- Cambie Corridor Redevelopment from 16th-41st ave.
- Balfour Properties,
- King Edward Mall,
- St. Vincent’s Hospital
- BC Transit Bus facility
Information on development projects in the Riley Park and South Cambie areas can be found at:
For details of the Little Mountain Housing Planning Program, please view the PDF below:
LMH Working Group terms of reference draft1.pdf
If you would like to find out more about the Housing and Development Committee`s work, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words `housing -development` in the subject line.
Neighbourhoods Change—Help Make it a Change for the Better!